Monday, August 17, 2009

Still in the Middle

I am currently reading Dracula; by Bram Stoker. It seems weird that I never read it before and I am enjoying its Victorian quaintness very much. For all its Victorian sensibilities, I think it has aged very well. True in our jaded times vampires are a dime a dozen and all the pussy-footing reticence to name the creature seems excessive, but still there is suspense and horror in it. Even knowing all I know I find myself tense waiting and wondering along with the characters in certain particulars. The relationships between the characters, their love and caring for one another have actually brought tears to my eyes on occasion and their gestures, noble and brave by turns, are quite touching. I still have over 100 pages to go, so I can't give a final verdict, but so far it is a wonderful book and seems to deserve its status as a classic and a classic of the genre.

Still enjoying my custom blend from; http://www.adagio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment